GAC - Government Access Centres

Council has two Government Access Centres (GAC) which are located at:

Business Centre

Hours 9.30am to 1pm Monday to Friday

Morago Street
Ph: 035887 5354
Fax: 03 5887 5352


Barham Branch Office

Hours: 9am-5pm (RMS services till 4.PM)

15 Murray Street
Ph 03 5453 3200
Fax: 03 5453 3122

What are Government Access Centres?

The NSW Government has established Government Access Centres (GAC) across NSW to give people living in country towns similar access to services and information as city residents.

Your Government Access Centre can:

  • Provide information on a range of government activities and services
  • Undertake agreed transactions on behalf of various agencies
  • Organise referrals and appointments for visiting agency staff
  • Help you get expert advice

Generally GACs are one stop shops for government services. They provide convenient face to face customer focused government services for rural and remote communities. The following are a list of services available at your GAC:

Attorney Generals Department

(Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages)

  • NSW Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
  • Forms for change of name
  • Forms to register your will

Office of Fair Trading

  • Building licences
  • Owner Builder Permit
  • Association applications
  • Business registration
  • Consumer complaints
  • Applications for hearing by the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal
  • Supply of publications

NSW Fisheries

  • Recreational fishing licenses

Department of Housing

  • Rentstart (Rental Bond) assistance
  • Public Housing Register (wait turn housing)
  • Priority Assistance
  • People with special needs

National Parks & Wildlife Services

  • Issue of annual National Parks entry passes

Infringement Processing Bureau

  • Payment of Infringement Notices ie On spot fines (Note: payments for these are only able to be accepted by cash or money order and prior to the due date).


  • Recreational Vessel Registration Renewals
  • Boat license renewals
  • Private Mooring renewals
  • Commercial vessel renewal
  • Commercial vessel renewals including with survey
  • Change of Name/address/vessel details
  • Pamphlets and instructional material

Roads & Maritime Services

  • Vehicle registration renewal
  • Driver license renewal
  • Transfer of registration
  • Notice of disposal
  • Duplicate registration certificate or label
  • Change of address