Wakool Shire's Tourism Strategy was developed in 2011 as a clear, concise and workable document that clearly outlines the future direction for tourism opportunities in the Wakool Shire.
The strategy aims to:
• Provide guidelines to develop and and then continue to build on the region's tourism potential
• Present recommendations that are workable for both Council and local stakeholders to promote and encourage tourism within the Shire
• Make practical recommendations that are both realistic and financially sustainable for stakeholders and Council to maintain
• Provide guidelines to encourage local stakeholders to identify themselves as a tourism beneficiary and work together to achieve success
• Encourage the use of the new Wakool Shire brand to build brand equity and awareness of the Shire
wsc tourism strategy final (PDF - 1247.67KB)