- A multi-purpose community hub featuring:
- Business Centre - Council front counter, Roads & Marine Services (RMS), Government Ac cess Centre (GAC) Banking Services & Legal Services.
- Primary Care Centre - Community Health, Home & Community Care (HACC), consulting rooms – doctor & allied health, including Telehealth.
- Municipal Centre, incorporating Council chambers.
- Community meeting rooms.
- Local Land Services as a user of the community meeting rooms for agricultural extension & education services using the video conferencing facilities.
- Primary Care services in Moulamein currently operate in separate antiquated facilities.
- Residential aged care services in Moulamein are currently being redeveloped - fully funded by private benefactors. Improved Primary Care services are required to support this development.
- Co-locating Primary Care, Business Centre and the Council Chambers in the centre of Moulamein will improve access and will reduce duplication.
- Relocating the Council Chambers – with modern community meeting rooms to improve access.
- Opportunity for State Government Agencies such as Local Land Services to use the community meeting rooms and video conferencing facilities.
- To assist in building community capacity and to mitigate the impacts of Murray-Darling Basin Plan.
1. Social Inclusion & Interaction– to provide access for the whole community to Council, Government (RMS,GAC) Banking, Legal and Primary Care Services
2. High-speed telecommunications (broadband) access – Currently Moulamein is slated to receive high-speed telecommunications via fixed wireless. This will not be sufficient to deliver the services envisaged in the telehealth model. Accordingly, this proposal includes a fibre optic link between the Moulamein exchange and the community hub (0.5 km) to deliver the required high-speed interconnectivity. In this context a GP treating a patient in the telehealth centre can refer the patient to a specialist for a video consultation. Also, Local Land Services as a user of the community meeting rooms for agricultural extension / education services using the video conferencing services.
Moulamein Community Centre and Hall, Morago Street, Moulamein.
Wakool Shire Council. Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) has indicated they would be prepared to be a tenant partner in the Primary Care Centre. The Swan Hill Medical Group has indicated interest in tenancy in the Doctor’s Surgery and Tele-health centre with support from MLHD and the Moulamein Retirement Village.
Initial estimate $1.5 million – $0.5 million secured via Council.