During the exhibition period Council is inviting interested community members to view the draft DCP (see links below) and to lodge a written submission with any feedback for Council’s consideration. Written submissions are due by Friday 18 July 2013.
Council Staff will also be hosting a number of informal information sessions on the draft DCP as follows:
- Tuesday, 11 June from 5.30pm in Tooleybuc (Recreation Reserve Hall);
- Wednesday, 12 June from 5.30 in Murray Downs ( Murray Downs Fire Station);
- Thursday, 13 June from 5.30pm in Moulamein (Council Chambers);
- Monday 17 June from 5.30pm in Wakool (Wakool Hall);
- Tuesday, 18 June from 5.30 in Barham (Riverside Community Centre).
The meetings will provide an opportunity for community members to learn how the draft DCP may affect them. People can also arrange a time to meet with Council staff to discuss their individual concerns by contacting the Council on (03) 5453 3200.
Following the conclusion of public exhibition period Council will review the submissions from the community and key stakeholders and the DCP may or may not be amended. Council staff will summarise all submissions and how the amended DCP addresses those submissions and this report will be put to a Council meeting for adoption later in 2013.
A copy of the draft DCP is available for viewing at Council Offices in Barham and Moulamein and Australia Post Offices / Agencies at key towns and villages across Wakool Shire.