WorkCover NSW provides extensive guidelines for dealing with asbestos. WorkCover's Working with Asbestos Guide provides up to date guidance on identification, licensing and working with asbestos. The catalogue can be found on the WorkCover website: www.workcover.nsw.gov.au
Other on-line information about asbestos can be obtained from:
- The Home Building Service website (a division of the Office of Fair Trading) at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- NSW Department of Health at www.health.nsw.gov.au; and
- DIY Safe at www.diysafe.nsw.gov.au.
- Asbestos Diseases Research Institute and the Asbestos Education Committee at www.asbestosawareness.com.au
- For information about pleural mesothelioma, one of the most common forms of mesothelioma go towww.pleuralmesothelioma.com
- Further information about mesothelioma can be obtained by going to:
Please remember to contact Council's Development Services Department on (03) 5453 3200 before beginning any repairs or renovations where you suspect asbestos may be present.